THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 9, 2012

My Gardening Girls

I've said it many times on here, we're a gardening family. Through and through. My husband and his brothers, spent a lot of time, last summer helping my FIL, with his garden. He has a hurt back. And last year, was just tough!!

But Mark and I, have also had a garden. For a handful of years. Elena and Ofelia are growing up, with this same love. Not long ago, they helped us pick out flower seeds, veggie plants, and a tree. We're proud that they are growing up, with this love. And knowledge. That hard work, produces good stuff. :)

So it shouldn't surprise me, that when Elena read "garden" and "doll," that she was totally into it! What were we doing? I was looking over Crochet Pattern Central's updates. Where the new patterns are posted. That's when we first spotted, the "Garden Lily Doll!"



I've never made anything, this complicated!! It's an intermediate pattern. And honestly, I'm a little worried. I think it's going to take me a while. I talked to my girls. And told them, that I'm going to start the dolls. But it's going to take a little while, for mommy to finish their dolls. And more than likely, they won't get them until, after our new baby girl is here. Both Elena and Ofelia, seem to be OK with that.

Honestly, I'm trying to get the garden dolls done before that. Because, I don't know what life as a "Mommy of 3," is going to be like. And my girls, are so in love with these dolls!! I think, these dolls are a good way of linking their play, to our gardening. Today, while Mark is at work, the girls and I are heading to Hobby Lobby. For supplies. We're also working on a project, for their baby sister. :) A

0 comments: