THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What to Plant????

Recently, the girls and I went to Family Dollar. They were having a "Baby Sale." And I wanted to pick up some baby washcloths, look for some headbands, and maybe look through the garden section.

Well, we left with quite of big bunch of stuff. And I thought, well, we'd be set for planting. After I picked up 4 packs of baby washcloths, 2 bundles of headbands, and a necklace for me, we headed to the garden stuff.

By the way, the necklace wouldn't ring up. And it was super cute!! A chunky beaded necklace. Usually, they'll sell it for a quarter or so. Sometimes a dollar. Because it's usually "out of season." And they're trying to get rid of the stock. But this time, they threw it in the trash!!! Really, I was just shocked!!! Family Dollar, did you read that??? The lady in front of me, they must of thrown away 10 pieces of jewelry, and 5 pieces of clothing. CRAZINESS!!! And she was not too happy. She left the $100 worth stuff, that they had rung up to that point, and left the store!!!

Back to the garden stuff. Sorry about that mini rant. I just had to get it off my chest. :) I decided to let the girls help out. Since they already knew, they weren't going to get any toys. Ofelia was definitely excited about all the "Garden Animals." Especially the bunnies!! We came home with about 12 different animals. For under $20. We also picked up some metal hanging things. To put in the yard, and then hang flower baskets from.

Elena was definitely into the seeds. I'm a little embarrassed to say this, we left with $15 worth of seeds. I know!! And they're either 4 or 5 packs for $1. Can you just imagine how many packs of seeds we have. :) Maybe I should have been paying better attention to Elena. But she was pretty excited. And this purchase, should be bringing us happiness, for a long time!!

I was going through all these seeds earlier. And what did I notice? Only 5 packs of those seeds, are for food!! The rest are flowers. I guess my girl, wants lots of pretty flowers. We now have seeds for watermelons, pumpkins, cucumbers, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Can you tell what Elena likes to eat?? :)



Well, this leads to a little dilemma. What should we plant this year? Since we pretty much have to do all our garden shopping still, I need to make a plan. We have garden boxes. :) It makes things a little easier for us. I'm thinking squash, plenty of tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, lots of herbs, pumpkins, watermelons, strawberries, and maybe some eggplant. I wonder how hard, it is to grow sweet potatoes....

Do you have any other ideas, of what I should buy? What we should plant? What are some of your favorite things? It doesn't have to be seeds. We'd be happy to buy plants. We can even talk about flowers, bushes, and trees. Because we want to add some more color to our yard. I'd love to hear your thoughts!! A

0 comments: